Saturday, December 10, 2011

Moonlight

 Moonlight by Rachel Hawthorne
Image courtesy of Library Thing

Hawthorne, Rachel. Moonlight (Dark Guardian-Book 1). Harper Teen: New York; 2009.

Awards/Honors: n/a

Annotation: After her parents were mistaken in the woods for wolves and killed; Kayla was adopted by another family. Now as a teenager, she is back in that same forest and about to discover where she really came from.

Book Talk: Kayla always felt different. She thought it was because she lost both her parents and was adopted; yet…there was always something more that set her apart. This summer, working as a sherpa in the national forest, she will finally learn her truth.

“I should have run when Lucas stepped over to me, but I didn’t. I stood there gazing into his silver eyes. They held me captive. They wouldn’t let me look away.

He wrapped his hands around my arms. I thought he would jerk me toward him now and plant that kiss I so desperately wanted. Instead he said solemnly,

‘Kayla, you’re one of us.’”

No comments:

Post a Comment