Saturday, December 10, 2011

Jessica’s Guide to Dating on the Dark Side

 Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark…
Image courtesy of Library Thing

Fantaskey, Beth. Jessica’s Guide to Dating on the Dark Side. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company: New York; 2009.

“The suspense keeps you on the edge of your seat!” (Emily, 14).

Awards/Honors: n/a

Annotation: Jessica had big plans for senior year, none of which involved dating a vampire. That is, until a handsome Romania prince named Lucius Vladescu comes to claim her as his bride.

Book Talk:
Jessica has a secret past. Born Anastasia, she was adopted from Romania as a baby. Can it be true that she was born to vampires who betrothed her to Lucius?

“The first time I saw him, a heavy, gray fog clung to the cornfields, tails of mist slithering between the dying stalks. It was a dreary early morning right after Labor Day, and I was waiting for the school bus, just minding my own business, standing at the end of the dirt lane that connected my family’s farmhouse to the main road into town.

I was thinking about how many times I’d probably waited for that bus over the course of a dozen years, killing time like any mathlete would, by doing the calculations in my head, when I noticed him.
It had never struck me how vulnerable I’d been all those mornings I’d waited out there alone, but the realization hit me hard then.”

No comments:

Post a Comment